CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
Founded in the year 2000, UNICS Plc has positioned itself as one of Cameroon’s leading Microfinance institutions in terms of quality products, services and exceptional customer service. UNICS Plc is constantly evolving so as to keep serving its trusted clientele.
Job Ref: Deputy General Manager at UNICS Plc
Reports To: The General Manager / Board of Directors
Direct Reports: The General Manager
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the General Manager and Board of Directors. The position is responsible for production / operations strategies and business growth, to deliver effective and profitable operations of the business, work on reducing loan delinquency and enhance the Company’s profile in the market place.
He/she will be responsible for production, branch network management, product development, marketing, customer experience, policy development, and application of internal controls.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop plans for business growth & profitability targets of the Company.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of branches to generate a healthy portfolio on a monthly basis, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Prepare budgets, annual business plans and operational plans
- Implement the UNICS Plc’s plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the Company through the opening of new branches, and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Build on new technological advances in the sector and increase the visibility of online and agency banking presence of UNICS Plc in the market place.
- Lead in finance generation for onward lending to customers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Statutory compliance
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Accurate investment advice on projects – time, scope and budgets
- Budget / forecast accuracy
- Timely planning / cash management/ investment advise
- Systems control
- Accuracy of reports
- Production targets
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, Commerce or equivalent from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in banking, microfinance or similar organizations in an operations line-management role.
- Management experience
- Flexible and resourceful
- Acquaintance with the MIS & Banking/Accounting systems for day to day microfinance operations;
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data;
Behavioural competencies Level
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer orientation
- Communication skills
- Holding People accountable
- Leadership and developing others
- Financial Acumen
- Budget formulation and monitoring
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Capacity building
- Financial Planning Management and Internal Controls
- Risk management
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements for the post of the Deputy General Manager should send their Motivation Letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae in MS word format via: email@example.com not later than 28th November 2020.